NOTICE TO Clients of Country Roads CHC
On October 2nd, 2017, Country Roads Community Health Centre is going to start using an improved method of scheduling appointments, called “Open Access.”
The “Open Access” approach is being implemented by many Ontario health care organizations and has been shown to help people access the health care they need.
The goal of “Open Access” is to help you to see your regular primary care provider without waiting when you call to book an appointment. To do this, appointments are kept “open” for a two week period instead of being filled weeks or months in advance.
How “Open Access” will better meet your needs:
- You will be able to see your Primary Care Provider, Doctor or Nurse Practitioner more quickly when you have a health issue, usually the same day or next day.
- By being able to receive quick medical attention at CRCHC, you will be less likely to need to travel to the local Emergency department.
What’s going to be different?
- Receptionists will not automatically schedule people for their next appointment months in advance.
- Instead, after your appointment, your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner will give you a “reminder card” (that will recommend when to call for your next appointment.)
- Keep this card in a safe place so you will remember when to call to book your next appointment.
How do I book an appointment?
- Your “Appointment Instruction Card” will provide you with a time frame to call in and make your next appointment.
- Please call us at 613-272-3302 (Portland) or 613-273-9850 (Westport) to arrange an appointment. We ask that you don’t just drop in so we can be sure we have enough time available for you.
- Please contact us before that time frame should any new health issue arise before then.
- When you call to book your appointment we will offer you an appointment on the same day or next day or an appointment that works for you within the next 2 weeks.
- If you have an urgent health issue, we will promise to have you seen as soon as possible, however it may not always be with your usual Primary Care Provider.
- Please remember, you can call the regular numbers after we are closed for on call physician support. You can expect a response within the hour you call.
In the coming months we will monitor your satisfaction with the Open Access service to be sure the program is working efficiently.
We welcome your feedback at any time. We may ask you to complete some forms evaluating your wait time and experience. Please note that this scheduling method only applies to appointments with your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and no other services you may receive at CRCHC e.g. foot care, social work, diabetes clinic etc.