Children and Youth Programs
Country Roads Community Health Centre
Move It After School Program
A weekly after school program in four area schools for students in grades 3-6. The program promotes literacy, skill development, social skills, healthy eating, and an active lifestyle. Runs from October to March.
The program provides leadership training and mentoring for youth volunteers.
Contact: Terri Howard and Emily Beelen
Primary Health Care Clinic
A nurse practitioner provides a primary health care clinic twice weekly for students in grades 7-12 at Rideau District High School. Students are able to make appointments.
Contact: Jillian Ulrichsen
Early Years – Parent Education and Support
A program for pregnant women, parents and caregivers of children aged 0-6 years. Participants enjoy activities, snacks, music, art and discussion. Breastfeeding and nutrition support available.
- Exploring Art Program Portland – 3rd Monday of the month at Country Roads Community Health Centre from 9:30-11am Register by contacting: Terri- email@example.com
- Delta – 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at Delta Baptist Church from 10am-12:30pm
- Delta Early Years Program – 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at Delta Baptist Church Community Room from 10am-12:30pm
- Newboro Play, Learn and Story time with Rideau Lakes Public Library – 4th Thursday of the month at Newboro Library 9:30-11:30
- Portland Play, Learn and Story Time with Rideau Lakes Public Library -3rd Wednesday of the month at CRCHC community Kitchen
- Westport Forest Play Group – 1st Thursday of the month at Foley Mountain Conservation Area
Contact: Michelle Murray and Terri Howard
Childcare Training Program
This Canada Safety Council course is designed to educate youth about babysitting standards. Topics of discussion include child development, nutrition, basic first aid and handling emergencies. The program is offered to youth who are turning 12 years or older in the year the program is taken.
Contact: Terri Howard
Home Alone Program
This Canada Safety Council program is for children 10 years and older. This program teaches the skills to stay home alone.
Contact: Terri Howard